Friday, 22 July 2011

HOLIDAZE


I've just returned from a whirlwind fortnight of traveling! Started with a gorgeous week in Cyprus with my boyfriend, where we visited a different beach each day and drank a lot of Gin Fizz! Thought I'd managed to get a decent tan for once but on arriving home realised this was not so......i'll have to stick to attempting to use the fake stuff!! Had such a fun time! Went parasailing which was amaaazing! We went so high I was scared to move incase I slipped out! Was so cute, the perfect one year anniversary celebration!

Then 24 hours after arriving home at 4 am I hopped on the Eurostar to beautiful
Paris! It was just how I imagined! I love the buildings there, all the little windows and balconies. One of my favourite places we went was the Tuileries Gardens. They're so pretty! I loved the little boats children could buy and sail in the pools of water. Could have sat there in the sun all day!
We saw all the typical tourist sights, Arc De Triomphe, the Louvre, Sacre Coeur, Montmartre, Notre Dame, Champ Elysees, the Pompidou centre, Seine river and of course the Eiffel tower! All so so sooooo lovely!!
Was pleasantly surprised that the museums were free to people aged 18-21 from Europe! Saved some pennies there! But was very dissapointed that we didn't make it to the museum des Art Decratifs where the Hussein Chalayan and Kate Moss Photography exhibits were being held. We planned to go on the Monday we were coming home. Got there to discover that it is not open on Mondays! Doh!!! The Louvre and Pompidou were great though and filled my art and culture craving for the week!
A brillllliant two weeks! Just what I needed after all the stress of my last college project! Now a week of relaxing and seeing friends and family before running off to London for my internship.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment