Saturday, 17 September 2011

LFW - DAY1&2


The last 3 days have been so surreal.
On Friday, Daniel the Editor asked me to go with him and another intern, Jack, to Toni&Guy's debut hair show at Somerset House to kick off London Fashion Week. I didn't really realise what I was going to until we got to Somerset House! Before heading into the show we went and got our press passes for the next day. Was so happy to have an international press pass with my name on it!

After that we headed in the BFC Show Space. The moment we walked through the door we saw Hilary Alexander! I went so giddy!! We were practically cheek to cheek!
We sipped on champagne and ate canapes and then went to take our seats on the second row where we discovered goodie bags filled with Toni&Guy hair products!
Everyone filed in, including Olivia Palermo! My jaw dropped so much that it was almost on the ground!
Naomi Campbell opened the show with a short speech about the brand history and looked  gorgeous in a black tuxedo-jumpsuit.

The show was amazing! I frantically scribbled notes so that I could write a report later.
After the show we headed to the after party where we were greeted with yet more champagne and wine...accidentally got a little tipsy!!

It was an amazing night though!

 

Friday was the real start of LFW. It was an early start..which wasn't easy with a wee bit of a hangover.
I met the other interns outside Somerset House & we headed to Nero while we waited for Daniel & the others....unfortunately there was a bit of drama and we couldn't find or contact Daniel! Which meant the others couldn't get their passes and therefore couldn't get in anywhere!! Turned out Daniel was ill and had to be taken home. Fortunately we managed to get new passes and had to take the day into our own hands. 
We divided up the show invites and headed our separate ways to get photos and write report notes.
I ended up going to Bora Asku, Jean-Pierre Braganza, Teatum Jones and managed to blag my way into Felder.Felder!
Teatum Jones and Felder.Felder were definitely my favorites out of the shows we got to see.
Teatum Jones
Catherine Teatum
We even got introduced to the designers Cathering and Rob and Catherine talked us through the inspiration and idea behind their collection.

 Bora Aksu

Felder.Felder
 Twin sisters Annette and Daniela Felder

Between shows we were searching for the best dressed to snap for our Street Style blogging. Got shots of some pretty cool people and found out where their outfits were from.
Amazingly I ran into my friend Louise who used to go to college with me! She was there trying to meet people and try see a few shows for a uni project.

 AND even more amazingly!! We spotted star of Dirty Sexy Things, model Jesse Burgess going past Covent Garden M&S while we were having lunch! So we decided to run after him and get some photos and an interview! I was the one asking him questions and must have seemed a real fool! Mind was pretty blank so I struggled to think of questions to ask him. But we had a nice chat, he's such a lovely guy!
Unfortunately...being the idiot I am! I managed to miss the record button on my phone so got non of the interview on record!!! Though, I'm still just amazed I got to meet him!!

It was a looooong day though! Daniel came back in the afternoon and we ended up being their until about 9ish. I got home at 9:45 and was shattered!!

Today was much more relaxed and organised. Unfortunately I didn't get to see any shows :(
I was in the press lounge all day writing reports and working on the blog. But I still enjoyed it to be honest! Got free breakfast in the lounge and got a LOT of work done!

I've got a looong week ahead! Can't wait for the Launch Party!
Emma Watson is one of the star guests!!
Excitinggg!

You can read all my reports here on Sheer's website!!

Photos from Sheer.com

x


No comments:

Post a Comment