Thursday, 12 January 2012

ILLUSTRATION


As usual I can't sleep.
This is probably greatly due to the fact that for the last three days I have stayed home from both college and work and pretty much purely spent my entire time in bed.

I don't even understand how I was tired enough to practically sleep all of today.
Maybe I really am ill on some level...

Anywho, after sleeping till 6pm, I decided to do something with my evening and set to work on some illustrations, purely for practice since it's been a life time since I've properly sat down and concentrated on drawing something.

It felt good to fully get into it again and create things i'm happy with and that are mostly finished. Especially since I have been so unproductive since Christmas. I just can't seem to get back into the swing of things....which is a gigantic ball ache since it's at such a crucial time, with university interviews and portfolio reviews looming.

 Anywho...due to my inability to sleep, I felt like posting and sharing my work!
Admittedly, some of these are old, the ones on the right are what I did tonight.

A David Downton copy and Kate Moss on the cover or Dazed&Confused
Chanel Girl and Prada Candy advert
McQueen gown and Iris Apfel

 Tonight I began concentrating on my pencil and sketch work but ended up digging out my water colours to add some quick and easy colour and black ink to make certain areas stand out more and add depth to features such as eyes.

For the Prada Candy image I added oil pastel on top of water colours to make the hair brighter. And for the Iris Apfel illustration, which I wanted to look quite funny and cartoon-ish, I used bold acrylic paint.

I'm pretty pleased with them all to be honest. It's been so long since I've actually drawn something i'm pleased with and haven't given up on after the first few minutes.

Hopefully I can keep this up and create a few nice pieces that could be included in my Uni portfolio.

x

2 comments:

  1. Iris Apfel looks amazing in your illustration! Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine and enter my free MAC cosmetics giveaway!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha why thankyou! It makes me laugh, she's so cool!
    Fab I love getting new followers! I'll definitely check your blog out & the MAC giveaway sounds very tempting!

    Kate :) x

    ReplyDelete