Wednesday, 14 March 2012

GENTE BELLA WINDOW DISPLAY


My class was recently set the task of designing and creating window displays for a local boutique called Gente Bella in Newark. Customers have been asked to vote in store and online for their favorite window and student whose window gets the most votes will win a work placement with Joules.

The shop stocks country lifestyle clothing and is very family orientated stocking mens, womens, youth and childrens clothes. They sell brands such as Crew Clothing, Rampant sports,  Joules and Dubarry of Ireland.

Tim Walker Photography
I focused on creating a fresh spring themed display, aimed at the female-motherly customers of the shop. I wanted to create something similar to the sets you see in Tim Walkers photography...however due to the amount of time we had and my other commitments, this proved to be a little ambitious! 

So instead I went with an understated gardening theme and used flowers, watering cans and a cheeky little caterpiller ornament! I chose to feature a mannequin wearing womens-wear as I targeted women to be their regular customers. I also featured some children's wear as my window was positioned in the children section, therefore this obviously seemed appropriate.

Here's my finished window...



 Some students have completely raped the fact that you can vote on Facebook and got the world and his wife to vote for them!
However, I don't really have the time (or popularity!) for that! Though I would very much appreciate a few more votes!

To vote for me visit  Gente Bella's Facebook and 'Like' Window 11!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment