Friday, 2 March 2012

MILAN FASHION WEEK

Milan Fashion Week has absolutely flown by!! Or maybe just my week in general has...
I had my interview for Middlesex on wednesday and London College of Fashion on Thursday. I'm feeling pretty confident about Middlesex though I don't want to jinx it! But i really m rather smitten with their brand new campus in Hendon, seems like such a lovely place and it's great that they have a real campus.
However, I absolutely adored the course leader for the LCF Creative Direction course. He has an amazing moustache and big round spectacles and has a lot of experience working for with Vogue. He and an guest lecturer interviewed me. They seems to flick through my portfolio pretty fast...which was worrying but thankfully they seemed impressed with the photography I've worked on, styling and directing which was good. The guest lecturer found them very 'intriguing' ...so fingers crossed! I also bonded a bit with the course leader Tony who I was glad to hear originally studied fashion design and agreed with me that any one who wants to validly comment on the quality of clothes MUST study the making of clothes to some degree. HERE HERE TONY!

Anywho...what this post was really meant to be about is Milan Fashion Week which provided some much more exciting collections from the big wigs after a rather dissapointing London Fashion Week in my opinion (Bar the odd designer such as Mary Katranzou)

Here's a few of my favourites.

DOLCE & GABBANA

 ROBERTO CAVALLI
 


 JIL SANDER

EMPORIO ARMANI

 Look out for more of my reviews for Milan and Paris over the next week for The Style Column.

x

Images from Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana and Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment