Wednesday, 9 May 2012

BLACKPOOL ROCK

As mentioned in a post from last week, following the 50's Dior recreation shoot with college I had to sprint down the hill to catch the first of many trains that made up my journey to Blackpool to spend the weekend with my boyfriend Jack. I also mentioned our plans to do a few photo shoots during my visit. Due to heavy workload at  college and with the 50's shoot as my focus that week, I hadn't had much time to properly plan the shoots we would do in Blackpool.

On Saturday morning I accompanied Jack to take part in a little college project he was involved with. Blackpool college had rented out a shop on the high street for the weekend in which they were exhibiting students work while also putting on fun mini activities for the public to get involved with and draw them in to learn more about studying there. We were involved in offering the public free portraits. Naturally Jack did the photography while I encouraged people to experiment and dress up in a few silly costume pieces we had brought with us while also handing out leaflets and taking people's details.



Following that and after a quick bite to eat, we were out on the streets of Blackpool searching for last minute clothes accessories and make-up and scouting possible locations for the next days shoot. By the next day we were ready to go with no shortage of wardrobe options! The models arrived and we got them straight into their first outfits while I started on their hair and make-up - a first for me!! I kept it quite simple with top-notch sweeping buns accompanied by soft red-pink lips, natural looking skin with a hint of blush and a flick of liquid liner on eye-lids. This shoot was based on Spring Summer 2012's pastel trend that we have seen emerge from the catwalk, and so all the clothing was picked based on that but from the high-street.


We packed up our little suitcase with all the clothes in and set off to the pier, where the weather was absolutely lovely - though I'm sure the models would disagree considering the cool breeze and how little they were wearing! Jack and I felt we had a fantastic atmosphere going on set and thought models Lily and Tash were really brilliant, working really well together.


SO! Here is the final set of images that we are incredibly pleased with and I really hope everyone else likes them too! I think it has been one of our strongest shoots yet.









To see the images at their best and to see more of Jack's photography visit www.JackGrange.co.uk.
And please be sure to like him on Facebook!

Let us know what you all think!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment